Educator - Collaborator - Communicator - Leader
24 Years of Experience in Education
Welcome to my site! I am a teacher and instructional technologist with over two decades of experience in education. I have proudly served in public education in Texas in several roles at the campus and district level. I have presented at the state, national, and international level. I am the proud wife of a retired Navy Chief, grateful mother to six wonderful children, and blessed Gigi to three beautiful grandchildren. Please tour my site to learn more
I am currently a doctoral candidate enrolled in the Instructional Systems Design and Technology program through Sam Houston State University. I took one semester off to help my daughter with the arrival of her latest child and to take care of my mother when my father passed away from Covid-19 related illness in April of 2020. I am reenrolled and will rejoin the cohort in January 2021.
I graduated from Lamar University’s Educational Technology Leadership Masters’ program with a 4.0 GPA.
I completed my Masters’ in Curriculum and Instruction in two years, completely online while working as a Learning Technologies Coach full time.
I obtained my Bachelor’s degree from Jacksonville State University after also attending classes at Shippensburg University and Florida State University (Panama Canal Campus). I travelled extensively with my family as my father was in the military.
This is my second year at Cleburne High School and my first teaching students entirely remotely (due to Covid-19). I teach Eng 1, Eng 1 Pre-AP, and Eng 2 online using the Canvas LMS. Last year, I taught in the classroom and ran social media for the campus. I was named Cleburne HS Teacher of the Year and Cleburne ISD Secondary Teacher of the Year for 2020.
As the Lead Learning Technologies Coach for Burleson ISD I was responsible for supervising, assigning, and evaluating a team of 4 Learning Technologies Coaches. I managed the purchasing and travel budget for the department and consulted on district-level spending on educational technology. I served on the Technology Leadership Team, helped earn and maintained the Google Reference District appellation, and was responsible for all educational technology professional development in the district.
As the Secondary Learning Technologies Coach I handle the day-to-day requirements for educational technology integration for the district. I was responsible for the district Chromebook Pilot that lead to a district-wide rollout of Chromebooks grades 3-12. I was responsible for the BrightBytes and 8th Grade Technology Learning Assessment and the reporting of all data from those assessments. I was responsible for professional development district-wide. I earned over $300,000 in grants for the district, was awarded a downlink with the International Space Station, built and maintained the Learning Technologies website (including live chat help), and was
Awards & Recognition
- 2018 – Kerr Middle School Support Staff of the Year
- 2019 – Burleson ISD Technology Leadership Team Member (5 Years)
- 2016 – REALM Gaming/Coding Secondary School Planning Team Member
- 2015 – TCEA Instructional Technology Specialist of the Year
- 2015 – Student Spaceflight Experiment Program Innovation Team Member
- 2007 – Crossroads High School Support Staff of the Year
- 2020 – ESC 11 Teacher of the Year Nominee – Essay Award Winner
- 2020 – Cleburne ISD Secondary Teacher of the Year
- 2020 – Cleburne High School Teacher of the Year
- 2005 – Alvarado High School Teacher of the Year
- 2018 – XQ Grant Finalist
- 2017 – TEA Technology Lending Program Grant ($100,000)
- 2013 – Fuel Up to Play 60 and Dairy Max Grant ($60,000)
- 2008 – NASA ISS Downlink Grant Recipient
- Texas Computer Educators Association
- Delta Kappa Gamma (International Society for Key Women Educators)
- 2006 – Yellow Rose of Texas, conferred by Governor Rick Perry
Choose a category. To view the post for each portfolio item, click the title.
Let’s Keep In Touch
For a quick contact scan the QR code to get all my info